06/06/2018 Celebrating 15 years of Interreg Sudoe Programme or how transnational cooperation helps to build Southwestern Europe.
15 years ago, Interreg Sudoe was born and since 15 years, we build Europe! In celebration of this milestone, the Committee of the Regions will host an half-day conference, on 6/6/2018. This event will gather political and institutional representatives together to discuss the success and challenges of territorial cooperation. The former BBC reporter, Ms. Claire Doole, will moderate the discussions on key questions regarding the future of cohesion policy within Southwestern Europe:
- Which kind of impact does the cohesion policy have on our territories?
- How did territorial cooperation contribute to the economic and social development of our territories?
- Which futur could we expect?
- Which kind of challenges will our regions have to face?
- What could transnational cooperation offer in this sense?
All these debates will include interventions of key projects funded through the programme, to explore concrete experiences related to the territorial and sectorial impact of the Programme.
Wednesday 6/06/2018, from 9am to 2.30pm.
Committee of the Regions (Rue Belliard, 99-101, 1040 Brussels).
Room JDE52 and Atrium.
Deadline: 01/06/2018 (11.59 am CET).
The event will be translated into Spanish, French, English and Portuguese.
- Ramón Luis Valcárcel Siso is the vice-president of the European Parliament since the 1st July 2014, and a member of the Regional Development Committee. He has been between 1995 and 2004 the President of the Region of Murcia (Spain) as well as the President of the Committee of Regions (2012-2014).
- Iratxe García is MEP since 2004. In 2014, she was elected for 3 years as President of the Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Committee. She is now a member of the Regional Development Committee.
- Jean-Luc Fres is in charge of European territorial cooperation at the General Commission for Territory Equality (CGET, France).
- Teresa Jorge is Head of Unit in the Regional Development Department of CCDRC – the regional authority of Centro Portugal. She was until recently Regional Coordinator of the cross border INTERREG program for Portugal and Spain - POCTEP - and she is the representative of Centro Portugal in the Monitoring and in the Programming Committees of INTERREG SUDOE.
- Marc Lobet reports on Interreg Sudoe Programme at the Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy in the European Commission.
- Nick Brookes is Director at the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (CPMR) for Regional Policy. He is responsible for coordinating the actions of the CPMR on the future Cohesion Policy for the post-2020 period. He has worked in Brussels for over ten years in various roles related to interest representation, EU public policies and Cohesion policy. Before joining the CPMR, he was Head of Office for an organization representing South West of England local authorities in Brussels until 2012.
- Vasilis Margaras holds a PhD in European security and defence policy. He is currently analyst of European regional policy at the Research centre of the European Parliament, where he has published, amongst other works, the Guide to EU funding 2014-2020.
- Erich Dallhammer now CEO of the Austrian Institute for Spatial Planning (OIR), he has contributed to the studies New role of Macro-Regions in European Territorial Cooperation ordered by the European Parliament and Regional Challenges in the perspective of 2020 ordered by the European Commission.
- Prof. Eduardo Medeiros a geographer and a specialist of European Territorial Cooperation matters at the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning of the University of Lisbon, he has written the work European Territorial Cooperation: Theoretical and Empirical Approaches to the Process and Impacts of Cross-Border and Transnational Cooperation in Europe (Springer 2018).
For any further questions, get in touch with Andréa Rodriguez.
(Andrea.email@example.com /+34 942 238344)