Axis 5 Environment and resource efficiencyObjective 6c1 Improving management methods of the common natural and cultural heritage through the implementation of networks and joint experimentation
- Management of the cultural heritage
2. Direção Regional de Cultura do Norte. PT
3. Associação CCG/ZGDV - Centro de Computação Gráfica. PT
4. Universidad de Salamanca. ES
5. Instituto Andaluz del Patrimonio Histórico. ES
6. Fundación Santa María la Real del Patrimonio Histórico. ES
7. University Clermont Auvergne. FR
8. Université de Limoges. FR
The preservation of buildings of historical and cultural value in south-west Europe is currently not a regular organised activity; it only occurs when serious problems arise. In order to face this urgent situation, HeritageCARE aims to implement a management system for the preventive preservation of the historical and cultural heritage based on a series of services provided by a nonprofit organisation created in Spain, France, and Portugal. The project will be the first joint strategy of preventive heritage preservation in south-west Europe.
- Castilla y León
HERITAGE CARE responds to the need for methods of preventive conservation of cultural heritage. Until now, the Sudoe area did not have a support system for heritage management that includes monitoring, inspection and preventive conservation. Thus, the Heritage Care project offers a management system for the preventive conservation of heritage, using digital instruments. A specific methodology and requirements for the diagnosis of buildings were defined, developing a protocol for their inspection and preventive construction as well as a taxonomy of existing damages. Thus, about 64 heritage assets of various types and characteristics were monitored. In addition, workshops on preventive conservation were held.
The actions carried out within the framework of the project resulted in the creation of the HeritageCare online platform for heritage monitoring services with application for mobile systems and integrated GIS. This platform is addressed to administrators, inspectors, owners, entities and end users of heritage assets. It consists of three systems:
- The “StandardCare” service that includes all the information derived from different inspection and diagnostic techniques. It consists of an automatic formula calculation system to assess the general state of the building and automatically generates recommendations on specific conservation measures.
- The “PlusCare” service that incorporates in the web platform more modules such as the management and inspection of movable goods, the management of sensors and the management of point clouds. This real-time data is acquired through photogrammetry and laser scanning systems.
- The “TotalCare” service that integrates augmented reality techniques (Heritage Building Information Modeling) to support inspection activities.
The platform takes into account the different legal imperatives that exist at national and local level.
Thanks to the project, non-profit associations were created in each of the participating countries that will continue the project activities.