Axis 1 Research and innovationObjective 1b1 Strengthening the synergic and networking operation of R+i at a transnational level in the specific Sudoe sectors as from smart specialisation
- Biotechnology and health (including the biomedical and pharmaceutical industry)
- 2. Fundación para la Investigación Médica Aplicada Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada Programa de Medicina Regenerativa (ES)
- 3. FUNDACIÓN INSTITUT DE RECERCA DE L'HOSPITAL DE LA SANTA CREU I SANT PAU GRUPO: PATOLOGIA MOLECULAR Y TERAPEUTICA DE LAS ENFERMEDADES ATEROTROMBOTICAS Y ISQUEMICAS (ES)
- 4. Instituto de Biologia Experimental e Tecnológica Health & Pharma (PT)
- 5. GUK Komunikazio Aholkularitza S.L. GUK S.L. (ES)
- 6. LEARTIKER, SCOOP (ES)
- 7 Centre hospitalier universitaire de Toulouse Département Cardiologie (FR)
- 8. Université de Montpellier (UM) - Institut des biomolécules Max Mousseron (FR)
- 9. GenIbet Biopharmaceuticals S.A. (PT)
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) remain the leading cause of death in the world. More than 6 million new cases are registered in the European Union each year. With almost 49 million people affected, the cost to the Union's economies reaches 210 billion euros per year.
SUDOE regions face the common challenge of addressing the challenge that CVD poses to their populations and economies. In all of them, myocardial infarction (MI) is the leading cause of mortality among CVDs.
CARDIOPATCH will be the first Network of Excellence to promote R&D in CRM applied to IM and 3D printing from a four-fold approach:
• Research: With a pioneering model of advanced therapy made up of three products: the CARDIOPATCH regeneration patch, the 3D system for its production and transport and the 3D device for its non-invasive implantation in the heart.
• Economy: With tools to identify, promote and develop synergies between key agents in the health and 3D printing sectors: the capacity map; the OPEN-LAB of synergies, good practices and missions.
• Public Administrations: decision-making with the action plan to promote the CRM applied to the treatment of IM and 3D printing in the SUDOE space.
• Society: With participatory actions such as public consultations, educational workshops and the fundraising campaign.
- País Vasco