The SUDOE space is characterized by the existence of large forest areas that need to be protected and valued to contribute to local development in a sustainable way.
In this context, a common territorial challenge is to promote the sustainable use of local forest resources, including FOREST RESIDUES, to meet the growing demand for RENEWABLE ENERGY AT COMPETITIVE PRICES.
The project addresses this challenge through an approach aimed at characterizing the available FOREST RESIDUES, MOBILIZING THE VALUE CHAIN AGENTS, and the adoption of INNOVATIVE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES AND MODELS OF SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT OF FOREST RESIDUES.
Identification, development and transfer of best practices and techniques to promote the use of forest residues for energy recovery within the framework of regional strategies for sustainable development.
- 1. INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO DE GALICIA (Galicia, Spain)
- 2. INEGA (Galicia, Spain)
- 3. ASOCIACIÓN FORESTAL DE GALICIA (Galicia, Spain)
- 4. GREENALIA FOREST (Galicia, Spain)
- 5. CRPF AQUITAINE (Aquitaine, France)
- 6. FORET LOGISTIQUE CONSEIL (Aquitaine, France)
- 7. SYLVINOV (Aquitaine, France)
- 8. CBE- CENTRO DA BIOMASSA PARA A ENERGIA (Centro, Portutal)
- 9. CIM-REGIÓN COIMBRA
- 10. CENTRAL TERMOELÉTRICA DE BIOMASSA DE TERRAS DE SANTA MARIA S.A
- Looking for partners from France with the following profiles:
- 1. Public authorities with responsibilities in the forestry sector
- 2. Technological center with knowledge in the field of forestry and its application in the field of energy