The European Commission (DG REGIO) and a consortium led by the University of Strasbourg are launching a MOOC* on European Territorial Cooperation (INTERREG).
Thanks to this training open to all and free of charge, you will improve your knowledge of territorial cooperation in Europe.
The course starts on March 7, 2022 and will run for 6 weeks until April 24, 2022.
- To find out more, see the MOOC page: http://interregmooc.csd.auth.gr/project-overview/
- To register, fill out the form here: http://interregmooc.csd.auth.gr/mooc/login/signup.php?
The program is composed of 4 chapters:
- The first chapter will guide you through the foundations of territorial cooperation by questioning its origins, its evolution and its theoretical framework since its development after the end of the Second World War.
- A second chapter will describe the existing European policies in the field of territorial cooperation: Interreg, Neighborhood policy, Macro-regional strategies, etc., with the aim of analyzing the decision-making procedures, their implementation, their geographical dimensions and their impact.
- In the third, a thematic approach is proposed. For each of the 5 themes identified (health, regional planning, environment, culture, mobility), you will be able to discover how they were tackled at the local level, what cooperation needs they met and how the different actors intervened and interacted. (multi-level governance).
- Finally, a fourth chapter will explain how territorial cooperation is concretely implemented by local actors, what difficulties they encounter and what means and tools have been activated to overcome them.
* A MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is a free and open access university level course.