Axis 1 Research and innovationObjective 1b2 Developing dissemination of applied research related to essential facilitating technologies
- Textiles, clothing and footwear
- Agribusiness and timber
- Industrial technologies (processes, equipment, machinery and components)
2. Universidad de Zaragoza ES
3. ASOCIACIÓN DE INVESTIGACIÓN PARA LA INDUSTRIA DEL CALZADO Y CONEXAS ES
4. UNIVERSIDAD DE ALICANTE ES
5. Universidade de Coimbra PT
Commandia provides control techniques for mobile manipulators (robots with industrial robot arms) in order to perform industrial tasks in which soft products have to be handled dexterously. Therefore, human operators do not have to perform repetitive and exhausting manipulation tasks and can focus on intellectual tasks. The project is based on 3 main features:
- Context-awareness: The robot tracks the deformation of the product to be handled in real-time with precision in order to manipulate it dexterously.
- Multi-modality: the project combines different sensors (vision, force-torque, tactile, proximity…) in order to ensure a more adaptable and reactive robot.
- Collaboration: The robot works with other robots in order to handle bigger objects, perform more complex tasks and collaborate with human operators.
COMMANDIA extends the use of collaborative robots in strategic industries avoiding tasks to be done manually in low-cost labor countries.
- Comunidad Valenciana